MamaKai’s therapeutic personal chef service offers nutrient-dense, freezer-friendly meals delivered to your home. While they are incredibly nourishing to heal new mamas from birth and aid in healthy child development, they are great for anyone looking to stay healthy and vital.
Get Recipes, Wellness Resources and much more…
Join Our Mailing List
So… What can MamaKai bring you?
Click HERE to check out MamaKai’s therapeutic personal chef menu and we’ll do the rest! Simply fill in this brief survey to let us know a little about yourself. Choose what dishes from our menu sound taste-bud tantalizing and we’ll go from there in fine-tuning a succinct menu, giving you the most nutrient bang for your buck.
- Minimum Order is $250.
- 2-3 dishes is @ $250-$325, 4-6 dishes is @ $500-$750, 7-9 dishes is @ $750-$1000.
- After a menu is chosen we will fine-tune the estimation for that particular delivery.
- You can order once ever or as often as you like, no commitment. If you’d like to order each month, we offer our Complete Comfort program to give you a little cash back for diapers and their college piggie bank.
- You can choose any delivery day, M-F, 9am-5pm at home, I’ll let you know my availability from your desired day. Additional drop location can be arranged, but it’s easier to deliver once and put foods away immediately.
- I (Angie) personally deliver your meals and am happy to answer any further questions you might have to ensure you really maximize your meals.
- Listed next to each dish in our menu is roughly the quantity we shoot to make. Soups/Stews 4-6 quarts, Casseroles 12-15 slices, Frozen Smoothies 8 pints etc.
- Our meals are made either to be shelf or refrigerator stable or freezer-friendly for 1-6 months so you can enjoy them over a larger period of time.
- All meals will be labeled with the dish name, date prepared, date fresh until, date frozen until. You’ll receive everything freshly made and can choose to eat some things unfrozen until “date fresh”… or you can freeze them until “date frozen” then keep refrigerated until the “date fresh”.
- For first time deliveries, you’ll receive our “Papa’s Guide” for tips on freezing, thawing and reheating each type of dish as well as what accoutrements and pairings can really wow the meal.
- We shoot to deliver before your due date, so you’re stocked up before your baby arrives. And who knows when that might be
- Choosing more dishes = more options to choose from when they are frozen and waiting for you.
- Our meals are great for everyone in your family… for yourself and your growing children as they go through the “introducing solids” phase, to “toddler” phase, to childhood and all throughout life. Read more about their health supporting qualities in our Companion Guide.
- Your meals are maximized to your specific needs and made with oodles of LOVE!
More About the Menus and Meals
Whether you are planning for your upcoming birth, currently have a little one (or both) or just want to stay healthy with increased energy, our enticing menus will allow you to choose a wider variety of nourishing prepared meals each month, everything you’ve looked for and more.
You’ll notice that we give you a lot of detail about our meals in our menus. Here is a little further information regarding packaging to help you understand how your meals will work best for you when you get them home:
- The large bioboxes and quarts of the main dishes are typically 2-4 servings. I pour 1 whole quart of soup/stew in a saucepan and my husband and I split that for a meal.
- Casseroles will come as 2 large pieces per biobox, good for 2 adults and possibly 1-2 smaller children.
- Meatballs are great for a meal or snack and will have 4-8 servings.
- Sides typically are 2-6 servings depending if you eat it on it’s own as a snack or a side to any of our other dishes.
- Salads are good for 2 people to have a large salad meal at one sitting – these are really one of my favorite elements of our service. I adore very hearty salads with lots of variety and they are super satiating with our dressings and fermented veggies!
Our menu of breakfasts, lunches, dinners, snacks, condiments, desserts and beverages are produced with locally sourced, organic, biodynamic or pasture-raised ingredients (as much as we can). Choose from our seasonally evolving weekly menus of hundreds of options that everyone in your family will LOVE.
All of the menu items have the following key elements at their heart:
- Prepared from scratch with as little to no processed ingredients
- Prepared in a manner for maximum ease in digestion and absorption of nutrients
- We use homemade bone and mineral broths anyway that we can, to aid in maximum nutrient intake (broths tend to bring nutrients in the body in the most absorbent manner) and concentrate on those key nutrients that are extremely necessary for a healing mother and her developing baby
- Minimal use of known allergy/sensitivity causing foods such as gluten, soy, dairy, grains, legumes, yeasts and sugars
The following “sacred” foods are the backbone of MamaKai’s meals. Incorporating these “sacred” foods helps ensure mom and baby bounce back from childbirth safely and quickly, and everyone else in the family stays healthy and able to provide support.
Here is an abbreviated list of the farmers and ranchers that supply MamaKai with its bounty. They are as local as possible, engage in sustainable practices, and produce either: organic, biodynamic, or pasture-raised foods. By supporting MamaKai, families are also supporting local farmers and ranchers in the Bay Area.
Highland Hills Ranch
Sierra Farms Ranch
Tara Firma Farms
Soul Foods Farms
Chaffin Family Orchard
Marin Sun Farms
Avalos Organic Farm
Full Belly Farms
Guru Ram Das Orchard
Blue Heron Farms
Happy Boy Farms
Eat Well Farms
The Fatted Calf
The Local Butcher Shop
Morell’s and Grindstone
Cultured Pickle Shop
Premier Research Labs
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Please let us know your experience in seeking out and providing healthy nutrient-dense meals for YOUR family. We are taking this opportunity to improve systems and really understand how to make this the best service we possibly can. Thanks for being a part of that process!
GIVE US YOUR THOUGHTS and be included in an ongoing raffle to win a $25 gift certificate to any MamaKai service!